Friday

My Child is Coming Home!

Can you imagine how exciting it will be when that one whom you are praying for says, “Yes” to Jesus and accepts Him into his heart?

I’m sure that you will be filled with joy and praise. Your heart will feel like singing. My husband and I experienced this last year when our daughter called us with the good news. We could hardly contain our emotions as we rejoiced with her.
(I shared this story in the Aug. 22, 2008 post.)

The Bible tells us that the angels rejoice in Heaven over one sinner who repents.

“There will be more joy in Heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.” (Luke 15:7)

“Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” (Luke 15:10)

It may be hard for you to believe, but Jesus loves your family member more than you do and desires that he/she will repent and be saved.

“The Lord is…not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.”
(2 Peter 3:9)

I recently heard this great song by David Phelps,
“My Child is Coming Home”.
The lyrics are below. The song is the first one on my Playlist.
(Scroll all the way to the bottom of page and turn on player.)

Listen to the words and be blessed and encouraged.

My Child is Coming Home

Words & music by Suzanne Jennings,
David Phelps & Guy Penrod.


Just an ordinary day in Heaven, lookin’ down the Streets of Gold.
You can hear the strings and the angel wings, see the saints of Old. Then suddenly God breaks a smile, and begins His song,
"Look my Son is comin’ home!"

Open up the Pearly Gates of Heaven.
Build another mansion next to mine.
Everybody dance and shout for joy around the throne.
Set another place at the table.
Sound the trumpet loud and clear this time.
Halleluiah, my child is comin’ home.

Now they say the only time God sings is when a lost soul believes.
And they say that there’s a celebration there beside the Crystal Sea. And God, Himself, directs the choir and the welcome band.
And then He sings out once again.

Open up the Pearly Gates of Heaven.
Build another mansion next to mine.
Everybody dance and shout for joy around the throne.
Set another place at the table.
Sound the trumpet loud and clear this time.
Halleluiah, my child is comin’ home.

Come on, play the anthem strong.
Come on, join in, sing along, sing it strong.

Open up the Pearly Gates of Heaven.
Build another mansion next to mine.
Everybody dance and shout for joy around the throne.
Set another place at the table.
Sound the trumpet loud and clear this time.
Halleluiah, my child is comin’ home.

Open up the Pearly Gates of Heaven.
Build another mansion next to mine.
Everybody dance and shout for joy around the throne.
Set another place at the table.
Sound the trumpet loud and clear this time.
Halleluiah, my child is comin’ home.

Keep the faith,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder of "Jesus loves your family member more than you do and desires that he/she will repent and be saved." Sometimes, as the mother of a prodigal, it feels like I am the only one really really concerned about my child, except for a few close family members. Friends pray and offer comfort and/or advice, but they have their own lives to live with their own problems. I needed the reminder that my Heavenly Father is patiently waiting along with me to see our child come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn,
    It hard at times to believe want you can't see but that is why it's called "faith."

    Your post gives me hope as I pray for my son.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn