Friday

What Does A.S.A.P. Mean?



Ever wonder about the abbreviation A.S.A.P.? Generally we think of it in terms of even more hurry and stress in our lives. Maybe if we think of this abbreviation in a different manner, we will begin to find a new way to deal with those rough days along the way.
*************

There's work to do, deadlines to meet;
You've got no time to spare,
But as you hurry and scurry-
ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER.

In the midst of family chaos,
'Quality time' is rare.
Do your best; let God do the rest-
ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER.

It may seem like your worries
Are more than you can bear.
Slow down and take a breather-
ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER.

God knows how stressful life is;
He wants to ease our cares,
And He'll respond to all your needs
A.S.A.P. - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER.




This was sent to me by e-mail this week, so many of you may have already seen it.

We need to always remember that we can communicate with our Heavenly Father through prayer. We are so blessed to have a God who will listen and will answer our concerns. Prayer is also a way to give Him praise. When we praise Him, we enter into His presence and in His presence, we can ask of Him anything.

May you have a joyous week-end.
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Carolyn! You don't know how much I needed to hear that today. I am reading this while listening to Amazing Grace sung by II Divo in Rome. The tears just won't seem to stop flowing. Life is so busy and time is so short that I don't feel like I am doing all that I need to do as a wife, mother and child of God. The enemy is telling me what a failure that I am and that I have not had an impact on anyone in 46 years so why start trying now. I know this is a lie but the emotions are still there. I need to just keep stopping An Say A Prayer!

    Thank you, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read this poem before. I love the acronym and will start using it today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn