Friday

Do Not Lose Heart


“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” Galatians 6:9

I have a decision to make that has been heavy on my heart. Do I continue leading the prayer group of moms at our church who are praying for their unsaved kids?

Of course the answer would seem obvious. In early 2007, God gave me this ministry of prayer, with a burden to intercede and to share the burdens of other moms. Praise God, we have witnessed several life-changing miracles!

But, to be quite honest, I have felt weary recently. It can be very taxing to intercede not only for my own family, but for others as well.

The above verse of scripture is one that the Holy Spirit showed me a few days ago, and I can’t get it off of my mind. I know that He gave it to me for instruction, as well as encouragement. He is always faithful to bring peace of mind when we trust Him!

As I am writing this, the tears are blurring my vision, because the Holy Spirit is reminding me that even if it is only one who comes to Jesus, it is worth every prayer!

The scripture tells us, “in due season, we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
God, please help me not to lose heart and restore the passion in me to continue to pray with faith and Your anointing.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

Our prayers are like seeds, much like a farmer who plants and is expecting a harvest. Our part is to be obedient and plant the seed…God produces the harvest.

I also came across an article online this week by Jeremy Jernigan, “Coke Prayer vs. Seed Prayer”. This is part of it...

“...We’ve seen plenty of remarkable answers to prayer, but it’s just not like a Coke machine. You don’t put in your prayer and get out a miracle. It’s more agrarian. It’s more organic. You sow something and you harvest it later, and it’s often quite different than what you sowed.

“Do my prayers look more like Coke prayers or like seed prayers?

“A Coke prayer is when we are basically asking God a yes or no question. God becomes our “Magic 8 Ball,” and we await His response. But usually this only leads to frustration as most of His answers appear to be no. At the very least they don’t look like what we were praying for...

“But a seed prayer is much different. A seed prayer focuses more on God’s answer than my request. What is my small prayer seed compared to the plant that He could make out of it? And so we begin thinking of God bigger, and pray for things that can’t be answered with a simple yes or no.

"Then we wait, and eagerly watch as God begins to turn that seed into a growing, thriving plant that may or may not directly resemble the seed we planted. But that is the excitement of it. And the result of this is that we pray more…

“Are you planting seeds or waiting for a soda to dispense?”

You may be feeling weary too, but don’t lose heart and never stop praying for your loved ones.

Please, watch this video, “The Power of Prayer” and be encouraged.
(First, pause my Playlist at bottom of page.)



Blessings, Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Carolyn,
    In the last couple of days God has pressed on my heart to examine my prayer life. When you don't see the results of your prayers,you start to wonder if they are going pass the ceiling.

    I pray for my children but I don't PRAY for my children. You words again, God has used to say "I'm talking to you!"

    love and hugs~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tammy, for speaking words of encouragement to me. God is so awesome to meet our needs. I'm sending love and hugs your way. Have a blessed Sunday.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. May all my prayers be seed prayers and not Coke prayers...I needed this , too, Carolyn!

    The testimony of the young man in the video was so inspiring and one I am going to send my son to hear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn