Monday

Be Still My Soul

Are you a mom who has cried night after night, maybe even year after year, for your unsaved child? You know that he will go to hell if he does not repent and accept Jesus as his Savior and it breaks your heart. Your cries are usually cries of desperation and fear, which leaves little room for faith.

Remember the story in Mark 4…the disciples were so frightened of the windstorm whipping their boat in the dark night that they forgot that Jesus was with them. When Jesus spoke to the wind saying, “Peace, be still!” the wind stopped and there was a great calm.

He then said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?”

Yes, there is a time and place for desperate prayer…when God places a heavy, heavy burden in your heart to pray. You know that you are in a spiritual battle and you must pray until you get relief and have peace in your heart.

But when the heavy burden leaves, we must not give up praying. Now is the time to worship God in praise. His presence is in the midst of our praise! He gives us complete peace in our situations when we acknowledge His faithfulness and truly believe that He is working all things together for our good.

I have a son who is suffering bad effects from a surgery that he had three weeks ago. In the natural it is a great concern and hard for me to watch his pain, but God has given me a beautiful peace about it.

I trust my Lord completely and believe that He is using this illness to get my son’s attention. Many, many prayers have been prayed for him to come back to Jesus.

I feel certain in my heart that victory is ahead for both healing and salvation!

Only the supernatural peace of God can give me this calm spirit!

By faith, I praise my Jesus for answering prayer!

Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27

Listen to this beautiful song, “Be Still My Soul” by Selah. First, mute 'My Playlist' at bottom of page. Enjoy and be blessed.



“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

Love and Prayers,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. "Only the supernatural peace of God can give me this calm spirit!" Amen!

    What our eyes see in the natural may cause us distress...but if we have faith in the spiritual progress of God's mighty plan, we can have that peace unlike no other...

    Wonderful post, Carolyn...I will be praying for a quick physical recovery for your son and a mighty spiritual recovery for him that you have been waiting and praying for so long....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen, for your prayers and comments. You always are a wonderful encourager and a blessing to me. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn