Monday

Spirit of Fear? No!

Spirit of Fear? No!
by Amy Deanne at Internet Café


“For God did not give us the spirit of fear but of power, of love, and of a sound mind.”
2 Timothy 1:7 YLT

I’ve been watching my kitten for the past few weeks as he’s growing up. It always surprises me what “scares him”. Even through he’s only about 8 weeks old now he stands, arches his back and his hair stands up… you know that scared position!

I thought – “how fitting” for this verse. It took me a while to find this verse in the words I liked. I found Young’s Literal Translation the way I remember it in my head. You see, that kitten has nothing to be fearful of. It lives in a very protected house and yet…the tiniest things bother it…the bug on the floor...it’s shadow…a speck of dust floating in the sunlight…and the truth is, it has no reason to fear these things. They can’t hurt him.

And yet, how many times do we think our “little things” will hurt us? How many times do we let fear rule us instead of allowing God’s mercy and spirit to cover us? I love that this verse reminds us that the spirit of fear is NOT from God.

I pray that we remember it and commit it to heart, so we are able to fight against it when those “little fearful things” come into our lives and try to scare us!
…Amy Deanne

We are living in troubled times today. We worry about the economy, the government, our families and a load of other things. Are we allowing our worry to turn into fear?

Do we forget that God, our heavenly father is our protector and source?

We can say with confidence, like David did in...
Psalm 27:1 NKJV…
“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”


Come out from under the covers. God has chased away the dream monsters from the closets of your life.

Love and Prayers,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn