Friday

Purpose

Hello,

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my new blog. I am a complete novice, so have patience with me as I learn how to communicate my thoughts using this great technology.

The Holy Spirit has been nudging me for several weeks to start this blog. Not knowing how to do it, I began searching the net to find others who have a heart for prayer. I am excited to see many other blogs and websites about prayer and praying for children. I have found only a few who specify the need to pray for our adult children’s salvation.

The burden that God has placed in my heart is to not only pray for my own unsaved family, but to pray for your families too. I know that it is a tremendous burden, but if God is the one who gave it to me, then He will give me other moms to help me to intercede in prayer and He is a great big God who will answer our prayers!

Have you ever noticed that new converts to the Christian faith will often say, “I know that my mama was praying or I know my grandma was praying”?
Thank God for those prayers! I know that God hears and answers daddy’s prayers as well, and the prayers of brothers and sisters and anyone else who is praying in faith. We need to all be praying for Jesus to save our loved ones.

I Samuel 2:25 asks this question. “If a man sins against the Lord, who will intercede for him?” You may say that you don’t know how to intercede. Romans 8:26, 27 tells us, “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because he makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

As I become more familiar with writing in this blog, I hope to give you an e-mail address for you to send me your prayer requests and praise reports of answered prayers.

Until next time,
Blessings to you and your families

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn