Friday

Restoration

Do you know the song, "Enemy's Camp"?
We sing it at our church and it brings victory to our spirits every time. A few of the lines are:

"Well I went to the enemy's camp,
and I took back what he stole from me.
He's under my feet, Satan is under my feet."

I searched the net looking for the lyrics of this song and found a YouTube of people singing it during the Brownsville Revival. They sang it with total victory! It blessed me so much that I want to share it with you. You can click on it or you may need to copy and paste, placing it on one line.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jgye4hAhfM&feature=related

In recent months, I have become more and more angry at the devil when I am reminded of how he has lured our children away from the Christian faith as they became older.

Yes I know, they have made their own choice, a decision to not follow Christ. So one might argue, why do I lay the blame at the devil's feet? Because the devil's purpose is to steal, destroy and to kill.

I Peter 5:8 tells us "...your adversary, the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour."

I Timothy 3:7 and 6:9 warns us about the snare of the devil.

However, we are not to despair and give up hope for our kids' salvation. If Christ is in us, we have greater power than the devil.
Jesus tells us in Luke 10:19,
"I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
Moms, if you are a child of God, the devil is under your feet!

The Word teaches restoration and recovery or escape.
We read in 2 Timothy 2:26, "...That they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will."

The story of the prodigal son who returns home, in Luke 15, is a great story to inspire our faith telling us of the father who is faithful and forgiving. But notice for a moment in verses 17-18, "But when he came to himself (in other words, came to his senses)
he said, "...I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.'"

I want to encourage you as you pray for your kids. There is no sin so great that He cannot forgive. There is no pain so great that He cannot take away. There is no hurt so deep that He cannot heal. There is no bondage so strong that He cannot break.

I like to pray scriptures over my loved ones reminding God of His promises. Psalm 51:10-12 is one of the scriptures that I pray using my loved one's name for the word 'me'. Try it with your loved one's name.

"Create in me a new heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit."

Blessings to you and your family,
Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS "BLOG" SITE!!!! AND I LOVE YOU FOR LOVING OUR KIDS (AND FOR A LOT OF OTHER REASONS). I AM PRIVILEGED TO KNOW YOU AND TO BE YOUR FRIEND. YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS. HELEN-ANN

    HERE ARE THE LYRICS TO "THE ENEMIES CAMP."

    Well, I went to the enemy's camp and
    I took back what he stole from me (x3)
    I went to the enemy's camp and
    I took back what he stole from me

    You know
    He's under my feet (x6)
    Satan is under my feet

    I went to the enemy's camp and
    I took back what he stole from me (x3)
    I went to the enemy's camp and
    I took back what he stole from me

    You know
    He's under my feet (x6)
    Satan is under my feet

    I went to the enemy's camp and
    I took back what he stole from me (x3)
    I went to the enemy's camp and
    I took back what he stole from me

    You know
    He's under my feet (x6)
    Satan is under my feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on your blog tonight and know that the Lord led me here. Your particular ministry is such a blessing. I have three 20-something sons. Two are on the right path but one is still a prodigal. I refuse to let the devil have him! I know one day he will realize there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, Karen. The devil cannot have your son. Keep believing for God to bring him home. I'm still praying for unsaved sons and grandchildren, but God has answered our prayers and saved our daughter. Read my post 8/25. Jesus knows the right time and the right way to deal with their hearts. We keep praying and trust the Holy Spirit. Thanks for your comment. God bless you. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn