Sunday

Wait In His Presence

Asking God to give me an anchor verse for the New Year was a new idea to me, but I liked it very much. Tammy at “Not Mine, But God’s Story” shared this idea a couple of weeks ago, and the verse that the Holy Spirit gave her touched my heart as well.
(Psalm 37:7).

I prayed about what God wanted me to have and I couldn’t get away from the same verse. I kept praying about it and He gave me three more verses of the same theme. It is sort of like having the thought pounded into my spirit.

“My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him.” (Psalm 62:5)

“The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still.” (Exodus 14:14)

“Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently on Him to act.” (Psalm 37:7)

“Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14)

Waiting can be very hard. We live in a society that offers instant gratification for almost everything we want or do. Many of us have been praying the same prayer for months or maybe even years. We grow tired and impatient and sometimes depressed. Our focus is on the problems and not the problem-solver. Our distressed crying drowns out the voice of the Holy Spirit.

I believe the Holy Spirit is telling me, and perhaps you, that it is time to be quiet before Him, and to sit in His presence, wait and listen for His voice. That does not mean that we can stop praying. It simply means, trust God to have the answer and listen for the Holy Spirit's guidance.

Have you ever been with a friend or relative who talks the entire time you are together? When she leaves, you realize that you may have only spoken two or three sentences. How does that make you feel? She left before you could share your thoughts. Sadly, that is the way most of our prayers are spoken to God. Do you take the time to hear what He wants to share with you?

Lord, I am hungry for Your presence. Thank you for loving me and compelling me to seek more of You. I know that Your word says…
“You will make me full of joy in Your presence.” (Acts 2:28)

Friends, please watch this video and hear the beautiful prayer sung by Hillsong.
(Turn off my Playlist music first.)
It is my prayer as well, and may it be yours.



Blessings to you and your family.
Carolyn

7 comments:

  1. Carolyn,
    This song blessed me this morning.

    Waiting is so hard. But God continues to remind me that the battle is not mine to fight,it's His. All He wants from me is to believe and praise Him in the dark times as well.

    love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog and the scriptures and words of comfort and hope. I have decided to pray and fast on Mondays for my children's salvation and closer walk with Jesus. They were not raised in church, but along the way we went to church now and then, and I would pray with them and teach them some about Jesus. My husband and I have come into a close walk with the Lord (Isn't He so merciful and wonderful!?), and of course we want the same for the kids and grandkids. Adam and Amanda have made commitments to Christ, but don't walk the walk. Matt probably has not made a commitment past age six, which I doubt was a knowledgeable commitment; and now he is married to a New Age gal and thinks he probably was a Buddhist in a past life. And Jerry, my husband's son, has never given God a serious thought, we're pretty sure. Amanda has two children, Andrew 9 yrs and Ava 6 yrs. We try to take the grandkids to church now and then and pray with them and speak Jesus into their lives. They're of course very precious to us... they all are. Forgive me, a stranger, for going on and on about my family. I certainly don't expect you to take on this burden with me, but I would appreciate a quick prayer, if you don't mind. I added your blog to my Favorites and will check in to share the music and your writings, etc. I feel like I'm sorta evesdropping on you, but as I began my first Monday of prayer and fasting, it came to me to check online for a word regarding interceding for children's salvation, and there you were! Thanks very much. Blessings to you and yours. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Aunt Carolyn....Debbie gave me the address of your blog...I'm really enjoying reading your posts. I'm so sorry for your loss and I will certainly be praying for your grandsons. I know it must be hard for them. I wanted to remind you that for quite a few years I'm sure Grandpa Hail prayed for her everyday just as he did for all of us. I know those prayers were certainly heard.
    Just wanted you to know that I think your blog must surely be touching so many lives. It's really lovely! Love you lots...
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful song and your words about listening for that still small voice were very encouraging. In the busyness of life, our minds may tell us that it is too hard to just wait and listen and maybe there is just not enought time. But if we listen to our hearts instead, we know that kneeling at His feet and basking in His love is what our Father desires and deserves. Like the book says...we need a Mary heart in this Martha world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, Carolyn. I definitely need to stop and take the time to get completely still before the Lord. We live in a very rushed world and we have to use self-control to break free from the fast pace that we can get into.

    Thank you for reminding me that I need to do this.

    ((hugs))
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to come by and say congratulations for being one of the Internet Cafe's Top 100 Christian Women's Blogs of 2008! You are truly a blessing. Thank you for the many ways that you serve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Amy and Laurie Ann.
    I am blown-away by your recognition. It is a big surprise and great honor to be a part of "Blessed Aroma-2008" and Internet Cafe. You have certainly blessed me with encouragement. I am humbled, yet excited to see how my Lord can use me when I obey Him.
    It is ALL for His Glory!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn