Tuesday

Give Someone A Hug Today



"Hugging is Practically Perfect"

It's wondrous what a hug can do.
A hug can cheer you when you're blue.

A hug can say, "I love you so”
or, "Gee I hate to see you go".
A hug is, "Welcome back again!"
and "Great to see you!"
or "Where've you been?"

A hug can soothe a small child's pain
and bring a rainbow after rain.
The hug! There's just no doubt about it,
we scarcely could survive without it.
No longer do you have to worry,
for a hug is the way to say "I'm sorry."

A hug delights and warms and charms,
it must be why we all have arms.
Hugs are great for Fathers and Mothers
sweet for Sister, swell for Brothers.
Chances are some favorite Aunts
love them more than potted plants.

Kittens crave them.
Puppies love them.
Heads of State are not above them.
A hug can break the language barrier
and make the dullest day seem merrier.

No need to fret about the store of 'em.
The more you give the more there are of 'em.
So stretch those arms without delay, and

GIVE SOMEONE A HUG TODAY!
author- Dean Walley



"God’s Embrace"

Soon after her family left for the evening, Carol started to think that her hospital room must be the loneliest place in the world. Nighttime had fallen, her fears about her illness were back, and she felt overwhelming despair, as she lay there alone.

Closing her eyes, she began to talk to God: “O Lord, I know I am not really alone. You are here with me. Please calm my heart and give me peace. Let me feel Your arms around me, holding me.”

As she prayed, Carol felt her fears beginning to subside. And when she opened her eyes, she looked up to see the warm, sparkling eyes of her friend Marge, who reached out to encircle her in a big hug. Carol felt as if God Himself were holding her tightly…

When we show love and compassion in simple, practical ways, we are a part of God’s ministry to His people.
----Cindy Hess Kasper

"Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other."
Romans 12:10

Love and Hugs,
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! We ALL need hugs...both earthly and heavenly....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn