We always say, “Happy New Year” at the beginning of the year, because we have high hopes for a new beginning. We make plans to change the things about ourselves that we do not like. For me, it is always to lose weight and to exercise more. It is a good plan, but it usually falls apart after a few weeks.
I believe I have found some better goals for this year. Someone shared this list with me recently and I want to share it with you.
ATTITUDES ARE CONTAGIOUS. IS YOURS WORTH CATCHING?
Following are some suggestions for maintaining a grateful attitude:
1. Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
2. Spend time in the Word.
3. Spend time praying and praising God.
4. Wake up each day with a happy heart.
5. Share the love of Jesus with your family and friends.
6. Smile at people.
7. Don't forget to thank people. Send thank you notes or e-mails.
8. Encourage others who may be going through a hard time.
9. Help others out. It may be giving a ride to someone, making a meal, offering a listening ear, or helping them fix something. Find a need, and do your part to fulfill that need.
10.Count your blessings. End each day with praise and thanksgiving.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
May God bless you abundantly with joy and His presence this year.
Love and Prayers,