Tuesday

He Will Carry You!

When death takes a loved-one away from us, it is always terrible. It seems even worse (if that is possible) if they are taken away during the fall months.

The fall is a beautiful season and welcomed by most people at the end of a long hot summer. It is a time of excitement and anticipation as we make plans to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is a time for family and of giving. It is a time to reflect and to give praise to God for His blessings.

When death interferes with your plans, it knocks you in the stomach! It may knock you down and you find it is just too hard to get back up again, especially if you have just lost your spouse and you are all alone. You may even wonder if God has left you too, because you feel so lonely and so empty inside.

I have a friend who is burying her husband this week and I feel so badly for her. We can never know exactly how another person is feeling, even when we have had a similar experience, but I know that she is comforted by the Holy Spirit.

My memory is still vivid of the days when my late husband died 23 years ago on the day following Thanksgiving. But I want to tell you; the memory of the Holy Spirit being my Comforter is much clearer.

In the last hours of his life, the Holy Spirit was so close that it is hard for me to put into words to explain. I was praying in the Spirit and the room filled with such glory that I thought that we would both be raptured and leave this earth!

The Holy Spirit was so close to me in the following months. I could actually feel His arms around me, like a beautiful hug, calming me in my times of loneliness and fear.

He continues to surround me with His presence and love. I depend on His help in everything that I do and He has never failed me.

If you are grieving today for a loved-one who has died, or you feel grief for a son or daughter who has walked away from your family, the Holy Spirit will comfort you. It matters not what is causing your pain, He knows what you need and He wants to carry you out of your despair.

“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Romans 15:13

Love and Prayers,
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn, I found your blog as i was looking for prayers for unsaved family members. I too just lost my husband 2 months ago. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn