Friday

The Power of Prayer




The most powerful position on earth is kneeling before the Lord of the universe!

“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man (and woman) avails much.” James 5:16

While crossing the Atlantic on a ship many years ago, Bible teacher and author F. B. Meyer was asked to speak to the passengers. An agnostic listened to Meyer’s message about answered prayer and told a friend,
“I didn’t believe a word of it.”

Later that same day, the agnostic went to hear Meyer speak to another group of passengers. But before he went to the meeting, he put two oranges in his pocket. On his way, he passed an elderly woman who was fast asleep in her deck chair. Her arms were outstretched and her hands were wide open, so as a joke he put two oranges in her palms. After the meeting, he saw the woman happily eating one of the pieces of fruit.

“You seem to be enjoying that orange,” he remarked with a smile.
“Yes, sir,” she replied, “My Father is very good to me.”
“What do you mean?” pressed the agnostic.
She explained, “I have been seasick for days. I was asking God somehow to send me an orange. I fell asleep while I was praying. When I awoke, I found He had sent me not only one but two oranges!”
The agnostic was amazed by the unexpected confirmation of Meyer’s talk on answered prayer. Later, he put his trust in Christ. HGB - Our Daily Bread

I thought this was an amusing story when I read it, but it also reminded me of how much our Heavenly Father loves us and cares about even the smallest minute detail and concern in our lives. If He cares about what may seem trivial or unimportant to anyone other than our-self, how much more He cares about the salvation of our loved ones. After all, the whole reason He came to earth as one of us, was to die on the cross for our sins so that we would be reconciled with our Heavenly Father and have eternal life.
(2 Cor. 5:18-21)

He lovingly died for everyone so that none will perish and be lost.
(John 3:16, 2 Peter 3:9)

There is power in prayer and God answers prayer!

Blessing to you and your family,

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn