Monday

He Met Jesus and Was Changed!

A very good friend gave me the DVD “Obsession”. I watched it with my husband a few nights ago and was so alarmed by what I heard and saw. It is a documentary about Radical Islam and their mission to take over the world.

Using images from Arab TV, Obsession reveals an ‘insider's view' of the hatred the Radicals have for America and Israel. They are teaching their children to hate non-muslims in the name of Allah, hate so intense that they would be willing to kill or die for Allah.

My first reaction was fear and a feeling of hopelessness.

Yes, we need to be aware of what is happening in our world, but should we feel hopeless?

No! We serve the one and only God of the universe. He is sovereign and in control, so we do not need to be afraid.

He is the same God today as He was during the days of Moses when He reminded the people of God’s mercy and protection.

“You must not fear them, for the LORD your God Himself fights for you.”
Deuteronomy 3:22

“Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments.”
Deuteronomy 7:9

“For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.”
Deuteronomy 10:17

“Do not let your heart faint, do not be afraid, and do not tremble or be terrified because of them; for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.”
Deuteronomy 20:3,4

I did not think of these scriptures immediately, but the Holy Spirit tenderly guided my steps to find peace.

I still had a heavy heart as I sat at my computer and logged onto Facebook. Earlier, I had made a new fb friend, who is an old friend of my husband, although we have never met.

As I looked at her ‘wall’, my attention was drawn to a video she had posted,
“Jihad to Jesus, Former Muslim Militia Fighter's Journey”.

Jerry Rassamni was raised to hate Christians and he did. He was a fierce enemy of Christians, fighting with the Lebanese Army. Then he met Jesus.

I had to watch!

I was reminded once again, that it is only God who can change the hearts and minds of men. Changed by the power and blood of Jesus Christ!

I invite you to watch it now.



Love and Prayers,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn