Sunday

Teach Our Children The Truth!

Do you remember this song, “O Be Careful Little Eyes What You See”?

I remember singing it when I was very young. Listen to these adorable children singing it on the video and as you watch, it may bring back some good memories for you too.

(Pause my Playlist at bottom of page first.)



I no longer have small children at home, but I do have young grandchildren. My heart breaks when I think about the future of this generation who are not being taught the truth of Jesus Christ.

The schools are teaching our kids that there are many gods and Jesus doesn’t even get a mere mention!

Many of our churches are teaching a tolerant message of acceptance: “One can believe in any god one chooses and still get to Heaven”.

It doesn’t matter whether you are a mom or a grandma, we must pray for our kids.

The most important truth we must teach our children is that Jesus is alive and the One and only God who loves them! We must teach our children to pray and to know that Jesus hears them. We need to let our light shine before them, so they will see Jesus in us.

Our children are our most prized possessions and they should be a priority in our lives. I believe, our children are on loan to us from God and entrusted to our safekeeping.

We cherish and treasure them, even if they bring us heartbreaking pain at times.

“Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.”
Psalm 127:3

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Proverbs 22:6

This should be the prayer of every parent,
“God, I want to be instrumental in helping my kids establish a close walk with You. Please give me the strength and the wisdom to be the godly example that my children need to see. I realize that in order for this to happen I must be like You. Direct me daily to renew my commitment to follow in Your steps. Thank You for being the example I need.”

Love and Prayers,
Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Praying that prayer with you, Carolyn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your words, and I agree. We must teach this generation about our Lord. I also have small grandchildren, and their parents are instilling God's Word in them, but this generation, unless taught, will fall away!

    I am praying for you, and keep up the good entries :). In His Service <{{{<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your encouraging words, I needed to hear them right now! God led me to your blog...He is amazing!! Today is my firstborn's first day of school, and I'm feeling very emotional about it. I just finished journaling about it at www.filbrunfotografie.blogspot.com
    Thank you again! I couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. They are words of encouragement not only for me, but for others who stop by. I would love to pray with you for your unsaved family and share your praise reports as well. Blessings, Carolyn